Become a Brno Ph.D. Talent!
- 4 cooperating universities
- 207 supported students
- 400+ satisfied researchers
Competition for doctoral students of four selected Brno universities. 25 researchers who will convince the expert committee of the uniqueness of their previous results and the qualities of the proposed scientific project can receive scholarship. The competition is in English.
Registration is opened! To sign up, click HERE.
For more informations please visit "How to Sign Up" section.
A WORKSHOP FOR APPLICANTS will take place in September.
Competition for the Brno doctoral students. Conditions for participation:
- full-time study of the 1st or 2nd semester in September 2021
- science or technology
- study at one of 4 partner universities
- maximum age 32 years including
The subsidy is provided by the statutory city of Brno. The project is part of the Regional Innovation Strategy. Its implementation is provided by JCMM, z. s. p. o.
We will be happy to answer all your possible questions:
Phone: +420 725 503 085
Registration is opened! To sign up, please signe HERE.
You may find a basic information in the Programme Nutshell.
Profound information are available in the Guide for the Applicants 2021.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA (YOU MUST):
- study full-time at a partner university in Brno
- be enrolled the first year (it means be in first or second semester) in a doctoral study program at the autumn semester 2021
- be under the age of 32 years at the time of registration
- study technical or natural sciences
- Brno University of Technology (BUT)
- Masaryk University (MU)
- Mendel University in Brno (MENDELU)
- University of Veterinary and Pharmaceutical Sciences Brno (VFU)
Important: Only those, who meet all of the Eligibility Criteria in the autumn semester 2021 may register for the competition. Otherwise you cannot participate!
1. APPLICANT′S CV
- education and skills to address the proposed project
- practical experience, internships, solved projects
- accomplishments and awards
2. SCIENTIFIC PROJECT
- objectives and innovation
- theoretical framework, methods and techniques, references
- timeline and key milestones
- motivation for the project
3. TEAM AND FACILITIES
- supervisor and consultants
- institute/department and collaborating institutions
- other relevant information
Important: The whole application must be written in English and submitted in a single PDF file. The maximum length of the whole application is 12 pages in A4 format of your own text.
What kind of projects can succeed?
To give your project a chance to succeed, we recommend you answer the following questions:
- What defines a good project? Does my project fulfil these criteria?
- Is my project meaningful and innovative?
- Is it written to attract our expert evaluators?
- Can I explain the reasons why my project is worth funding?
The scholarship will be awarded to the top 25 applicants, who will best demonstrate to our expert committee the qualities of the proposed project.
Should you need more information, please contact us by mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Workshop for applicants of Brno Ph.D. Talent 2021
Presentation from the workshop can be viewed HERE
took place on 7 September 2021 at 10:00 a.m. at the JCMM, Česká 11, Brno, 3rd floor, room 308.
No need to enrol in advance.
Please bring Covid vaccination certificate/ fresh antigen/ PCR tests with you.
For those who cannot attend the workshop, we will make the presentation available afterwards
Looking forward to you :)
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me:
Barbora Dofková, email@example.com, T: +420 725 503 085
Benefactor of the Programme
Cooperators of the career activites: