- we support young researchers (secondary school students) in scientific mini-teams led by expert supervisors.
- we motivate students for further study at a university, research, science, competitions such as SOČ, Open Science.
- we support of creative ideas and the expansion of students' horizons beyond the scope of normal school teaching with an emphasis on a scientific approach.
- we enable students to enter and work in a real workplace.
- we support the establishment of contacts and cooperation in the team.
- 10-member teams of students across JMK schools
- a total of 20 hours of team meetings at a professional workplace/institution
- possible contents of the meeting: short lecture, discussion, tinkering/production/experiments, field measurements, programming, etc.
- trainers: scientists, researchers, STEAM (Science Technology Engineering Arts Mathematics) experts from universities and other specialized institutions
- it includes a mini-course on presentation skills – preparation for contact with the audience, introduction to scientific work, including writing academic text and citations, etc.
- part of it is the final STEAM Slam – a meeting with the winners of the national SOČ round, researchers from practice, Ph. D. students; presentation of possible outputs (poster, video tutorial, podcast, product , etc.)
- free for students (paid from the Implementation of DZ JMK project), registration is mandatory
- certificate of graduation - can be inserted into the student's ePortfolio at https://www.startid.cz/
- the possibility to follow up with a job in the competition SOČ
Topics for the school year 2023/24:
Physics of materials
STEAM club is implemented and financed within the project "Implementation of DZ JMK" within the Operational Programme Jan Amos Komenský, which is financed by the European Union, the state budget of the Czech Republic and the South Moravian Region.