EN CS

welcome to the somopro

The aim of the South Moravian Programme for Distinguished Researchers is to create research opportunities and to support scientific projects for top-researchers in the South Moravian Region. 


SoMoPro and SoMoPro II is co-financed by the South Moravian Region and the 7th Framework Programme for Research and Development - Marie Curie Actions.

The Programme runs since 2009. In the 1st and the 2nd pilot calls the budget was divided between 6 Czech and 21 international researchers

In August 2012, SoMoPro II, the second phase of the programme started, offering two more calls for proposals. Within the 3rd Call 12 more scientits were granted support. The 4th Call results were released in December 2013. 

The programme is 60% financed by regional public sources, by the Region of South Moravia, and the remaining 40% is subject to EC support. Programme is co-financed by Marie Curie Actions (COFUND) and represents a regional analogy to Marie Curie incoming and reintegration fellowships (IIF, IEF, CIG).


Characteristics of the programme

The aims of the SoMoPro:

1) Provide training and career development to researchers

2) Build on the growing activities in the field of R&D and innovation in the region of Southern Moravia.

SoMoPro supports research in science, medicine and technology. Research fields are chosen freely by the applicants. The financial contribution takes form of grants covering 100% of the eligible expenses

 

budget

SoMoPro was a pilot programme planned for 4 years (2009 - 2013), its budget was 3.887.158 €.

SoMoPro II is implemented for 5 years (2012 - 2017), its overall budget is 4.766.562 €.

On 30th Septeber 2013 the last fellowship within SoMoPro programme was completed. Within the programme, the total of 668 man-months have been executed. 12 SoMoPro fellows have been offered permanent position/post-doc grants to continue their research careers in Brno. This corresponds with the aim of the programme - to attract outstanding researchers to the South Moravian Region.

The programme is administered by the South Moravian Centre for International Mobility (JCMM), which carries out all the application and evaluation procedures. The final approval of grants agreements is, however, fully in competence of The South Moravian Region, the Programme Coordinator. The programme is part of the Regional Innovation Strategy of South Moravian Region.

 

SoMoPro team

Barbora Postránecká, Michael Doležal, Jan Bogdan 

News

SoMoPro 4th Call results released

SoMoPro 4th Call result...

We are glad to announce that on the Programme's webpage the final result of the SoMoPro 4th Call wer...

17. 12. 2013 Brno Ph.D. talent, scientists, SoMoPro

The discovery of  Dr. Yuh-Man Sun s team - breakthrough in stem cell research!

The discovery of Dr. Yuh-Ma...

The breakthrough was made ​​by the experts of the Biological Institute in Brno Faculty of Medicine, led by Dr...

22. 10. 2013 scientists, SoMoPro

Current information on the SoMoPro 4th Call

Current information on th...

In the beginning of October, the 4th Call of the SoMoPro Programme enters its next phase, the evaluation o...

10. 10. 2013 scientists, SoMoPro

 
 

We are connecting students, teachers, scientists and those, who are willing to transfer their know-how and knowledge to other people.  

More

Support us on social networks

Facebook Twitter Google + Linkedin